General Conference Activity II

We had to revise our activity just a bit so I thought I would share how the changes we made.  We still used some of the ideas from my last post.

First off, as mentioned in my previous post, we did discuss the calling of new apostles as well as play Conference Headbandz.

After that we discussed having our questions answered during Conference.  Each girl received a pen and mini composition book (4" x 3.25").  We found some really cute ones with polka dot and chevron patterns in the stationary aisle at Walmart in three packs for 88 cents.  Does it get any better than that?

We instructed each girl to write a question her book that she could seek the answer for during conference.  We gave examples of questions like:  How can I fight with my family less?  Is the church true?  I am struggling in school, what should I do?

Oftentimes, I feel like adults go into conference with questions but we forget that our little ones have questions too and are capable of finding answers as well.

Each girl was then given a slip of paper to glue into the front cover of her book that looked like this:

Red-  
Prayer
Book of Mormon
Priesthood
Tithing

Yellow-
Love
Word of Wisdom
Fasting
Commandments

Pink-
Family
Joseph Smith
Service
Church

Orange-
Prophet
Family Home Evening
Testimony

Faith


They were also given a bag with 16 Starbursts.  Each time they heard a word during one of the talks from the list, they were to eat a corresponding Starburst.

To close the activity we decorated autumn themed sugar cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails